Thanks for your interest in the Kanorau Digital Course.
We have two course offerings at present:
- Essentials Course (Designed to be more modular for customised delivery)
- Original Course (Delivered in Pilot and now being used in our eLearning Stream)
The Essentials course has a core module at the beginning and optional 1 hour modules. You can do some or all the modules depending on what delivery you are undertaking and how much time you have.
- Intro to Google Tools - Core content including using a Chromebook (for In Person Courses) and key Google tools.
- Online shopping - Secure websites, shopping, Trade Me, PriceSpy.
- Managing money - Google Sheets/budgets, online banking.
- Scams/passwords - Scams, passwords and online safety.
- Presentations & Photos - Learn how to present easily with Google Slides, Google Images, and Google Photos.
- Get More Out Of Google! - Learn about topics like Google Drive folders, sharing and permissions, Slides for presentations.
- Digital Communication Learn about communication tools like Google Meet or Zoom plus overview of other video communication tools.
- Digital Job Seeking Learn how to prepare a CV, find a job online and submit your application.
- Online Services Learn about signing up to government and other essential services online such as RealMe, IRD, and entertainment services.
- Google Maps & Travel Learn how to find addresses and plan travel using Google Maps.
- Create a Website - Learn how to build a website using Google Sites for your whānau business, or community.
- Digital Tikanga - Learn about social etiquette and the risks and dangers of being online, how to use the web to find help or solve problems, and some simple tips on troubleshooting problems with your electronic device
- Dive Deeper (Extensions) Learn about more useful tools like bookmarks, Google Maps, and how to use key Google apps on your Smartphone.
- Google Classroom - Learn the basics of Google Classroom to deliver your classes.
- Guide to Tertiary - Study Learn key tips to help you understand and prepare successfully for tertiary study including accessing loans and allowances, and forming good study habits.
- Community Support & Volunteering - Learn how to find work or volunteering opportunities online.
- Facebook for Business or Community - Learn how to setup a Facebook page for your business or community kaupapa.
- Video Editing - Learn simple steps to planning and editing videos.
The Kanorau Digital course is currently made up of four wāhanga (modules). Each wāhanga covers specific learning outcomes that are designed to increase your knowledge, understanding of and confidence with digital tools.
We cover things like:
- How to send and check emails
- Use tools to create, organise and connect to the digital world
- Solve common problems using online resources
- Complete day-to-day tasks such as online shopping and banking
- Staying safe when you are online
You can come back to these lessons at any time to review your learnings and practice your new skills. Coassemble will be accessible to you for as long as this course is available.