Kanorau Digital is a free short course designed to help individuals who find the digital world a bit (or a lot) challenging. During this digital skills course, you'll gain the skills to get online safely and the know-how to navigate websites and apps with more confidence.
Kano means seed. Rau is many. Kanorau means to be diverse, varied, multicoloured.
In this short course, we'll plant the seeds to help whānau and participants build confidence to use digital devices and the internet as a tool to connect with our diverse world.
There are a number of ways you can learn with Kanorau Digital, through:
- Face to face - 1 day wānanga (6 hours)
- Face to face - 2 day wānanga (3 hours per session)
- E-Learning Stream (self-directed online learning)
- Online via Zoom sessions (1 hour sessions)
We have a variety of options to suit all learners. You can learn at your own pace from the comfort of your own home in our e-learning stream, or you can join a guided session with an experienced Digital Skills Coach in person or online.
Each course covers different learning areas and everyday digital skills, such as:
- Emails, online calendars, sharing documents and joining group video calls;
- Setting up online folders, using maps, saving files and photos;
- Using the internet to solve problems, searching online, and finding useful websites;
- Understanding the different ways that 'life' can be done online, being safe and keeping your important info secure when dealing with banking, shopping and other online business.